I am very proud to provide comprehensive dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) treatment to my clients living in the Waco area or to students who attend Baylor University, Texas A&M, Mary Hardin-Baylor, or McLennan Community College.
Are you someone who wants to:
• be more in control of their emotions?
• improve their relationships?
• have healthier ways of coping with everyday stress?
• set and achieve important goals?
DBT is an evidence-based therapy designed by University of Washington psychologist Marsha Linehan to help individuals manage their emotions and behaviors more effectively. The ultimate goal of DBT is to create a life worth living and it may help many individuals who are in emotional pain.
You do not need a particular diagnosis in order to benefit from DBT and I believe that everyone could benefit from learning these important life skills.
But starting DBT requires a big commitment. Here are some things you should consider when making your decision about joining our group.
Are you willing to:
• make group attendance a primary commitment on Thursday or Monday evenings for a minimum of six months?
• learn to manage your emotions and relationships more effectively?
• practice new and different coping skills?
• complete homework assignments each week?
What to expect if you join the skills group:
• receive a free copy of The Dialectical Behavior Therapy Wellness Planner and Marsha Linehan's DBT Skills Training Handouts and Worksheets
• learn new coping skills weekly
• learn practical ways to think, feel, and respond in difficult situations
• experience a nonjudgmental place to practice new coping skills
Our DBT skills group opens once every four to six weeks so please call me today to inquire about our next opening. My office is located in downtown Waco and is easily accessible to Baylor University students.
Please note that this is a self-pay program. While I do not accept insurance, I'm happy to provide a receipt for you to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
Ready to get some relief from your emotional pain? Please contact me today by calling 941.704.4328 or by emailing me at email@example.com for additional information and a free assessment.
Additional information about DBT: