I am proud to be presenting a one-day overview of DBT for mental health professionals and graduate students at Baylor University. This event will take place on Friday, November 1, 2019 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. Continuing education credits are available.
This learning opportunity will cover:
• the use of dialectical techniques to help manage behaviors related to both change and acceptance
• research to support the use of DBT for individuals who have difficulty regulating their emotions
• using DBT skills to target behaviors such as self-injury, suicidal thinking, and planning
• the four skills training modules: mindfulness, distress tolerance, interpersonal effectiveness, and emotion regulation
• problem-solving for special clinical challenges
Lunch is included.
Interested in knowing more about me? You can learn more about my work by clicking here or you can check out my new book for families here.
For more information or to register, please visit Baylor University’s continuing education web site.