I am very proud to provide comprehensive dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) treatment to my clients living in the Waco area or to students who attend Baylor University, Texas A&M, Mary Hardin-Baylor, or McLennan Community College.
Are you someone who wants to:
• be more in control of their emotions?
• improve their relationships?
• have healthier ways of coping with everyday stress?
• set and achieve important goals?
DBT is an evidence-based therapy designed by University of Washington psychologist Marsha Linehan to help individuals manage their emotions and behaviors more effectively. The ultimate goal of DBT is to create a life worth living and it may help many individuals who are in emotional pain or recovering from addictive behaviors.
You do not need a particular diagnosis in order to benefit from DBT and I believe that everyone could benefit from learning these important life skills.
But starting DBT requires a big commitment. Here are some things you should consider when making your decision about joining our group.
Are you willing to:
• make group attendance a primary commitment on Thursday evenings for a minimum of six months?
• learn to manage your emotions and relationships more effectively?
• practice new and different coping skills?
• complete homework assignments each week?
What to expect if you join the skills group:
• receive a free copy of The Dialectical Behavior Therapy Wellness Planner and Marsha Linehan's DBT Skills Training Handouts and Worksheets
• learn new coping skills weekly
• explore different ways to think, feel, and respond in difficult situations
• experience a nonjudgmental place to practice new coping skills
Our next DBT skills group opens Thursday, August 30, 2018. My office is located in downtown Waco and is easily accessible to Baylor University students.
I have been intensively trained in DBT through The Linehan Institute's Behavioral Tech and offer an comprehensive DBT program that consists of:
• individual treatment
• weekly group skills training
• 24/7 skills coaching
and I'm also part of a weekly consultation team with other DBT therapists so that I continuing learning and growing.
Please note that the DBT skills group is a self-pay program. While I do not accept insurance, I'm happy to provide a receipt for you to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
Ready to get some relief from your emotional pain? Please contact me today by calling 941.704.4328 or by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Additional information about DBT:
DBT Research Updates
Selena Gomez Loves DBT
What the Heck is DBT? (video)
DBT Changes Lives (video)
The Consistent Performance of Dialectical Behavior Therapy (video)