I am very proud to provide comprehensive dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) treatment to my clients living in the Waco area or to students who attend Baylor University, Texas A&M, Mary Hardin-Baylor, or McLennan Community College.
Are you someone who wants to:
• be more in control of their emotions?
• improve their relationships?
• have healthier ways of coping with everyday stress?
• set and achieve important goals?
DBT is an evidence-based therapy designed by University of Washington psychologist Marsha Linehan to help individuals manage their emotions and behaviors more effectively. The ultimate goal of DBT is to create a life worth living and it may help many individuals who are in emotional pain or recovering from addictive behaviors.
You do not need a particular diagnosis in order to benefit from DBT and I believe that everyone could benefit from learning these important life skills.
But starting DBT requires a big commitment. Here are some things you should consider when making your decision about joining our group.
Are you willing to:
• make group attendance a primary commitment on Thursday evenings for a minimum of six months?
• learn to manage your emotions and relationships more effectively?
• practice new and different coping skills?
• complete homework assignments each week?
What to expect if you join the skills group:
• receive a free copy of The Dialectical Behavior Therapy Wellness Planner and Marsha Linehan's DBT Skills Training Handouts and Worksheets
• learn new coping skills weekly
• explore different ways to think, feel, and respond in difficult situations
• experience a nonjudgmental and encouraging place to practice new coping skills
I have been intensively trained in DBT through The Linehan Institute's Behavioral Tech and offer an comprehensive DBT program that consists of:
• individual treatment
• weekly group skills training
• 24/7 skills coaching
and I'm also part of a weekly consultation team with other DBT therapists so that I continue to learn.
Please note that the DBT skills group is a self-pay program. The investment is $75 per group. While I do not accept insurance, I'm happy to provide a receipt for you to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
Because I want for you to be successful in treatment, I require an interview and the completion of several assessments to determine eligibility and readiness for DBT skills training. I usually orient new clients to DBT over four individual sessions. These sessions are billed at $150 per hour.
Our next group begins on December 12, 2019 at 5:30 pm.
Ready to get some relief from your emotional pain? Please contact me today by calling 941.704.4328 or by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Additional information about DBT:
DBT Research Updates
Selena Gomez Loves DBT
No Longer Wanting to Die
What the Heck is DBT? (video)
DBT Changes Lives (video)
The Consistent Performance of Dialectical Behavior Therapy (video)