Holistic Treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder:
An Exploration of the Latest Psychological, Spiritual,
Family, and Medical Consideration
Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center
100 Hillcrest Medical Blvd
Waco, TX 76712
March 9, 2012
8:00 am–4:30 pm
Waco Partnership for Psychological and Spiritual Care
Hillcrest Department of Pastoral Care
Hope for BPD
With a lifetime prevalence rate of almost 6%, Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is an important public health issue that impacts countless lives throughout Texas. This one-day conference will provide an overview of current research about BPD as well as supporting evidence-based treatments for this severe mental illness.
We are honored to have Karyn Hall, PhD join us as our keynote speaker. Dr. Hall is the director and owner of the Dialectical Behavior Therapy Center in Houston, Texas, and is an advisor, consultant, and trainer with Treatment Implementation Collaborative, LLC. Trained as a child psychologist, she specializes in the prevention and treatment of emotional disorders.
She is also the co-author of The Power of Validation: Arming Your Child Against Bullying, Peer Pressure, Addiction, Self-Harm, and Out-of-Control Emotions (New Harbinger, 2011).
The conference is open to mental health professionals, individuals diagnosed with BPD, their families, clergy, and students.
Licensed mental health professionals may apply to receive 7 continuing education credit hours.
$99 for mental health professionals; $59 for individuals diagnosed with BPD, family members, students, and clergy.
The conference fee includes morning coffee, lunch, and educational materials.
• 8:00-9:00 am Let's Talk about Elephants: The Power of Validation for the Individual with BPD. Karyn Hall, PhD
• 9:00-10:00 am Criterion Seven: Helping Patients Explore Spiritual Meaning in the Midst of Emptiness. Wesley Eades, PhD
• 10:00-10:15 am Break
• 10:15-11:15 am Family Education Benefits Everyone: A Parent's Journey. Carl Dunn
• 11:15-12:15 pm What You Need to Know about Dialectical Behavior Therapy. Alina Gorgorian, PhD
• 12:15-1:30 pm Lunch
• 1:30-2:30 pm My BPD Recovery Path: Healing With Heart. Teresa DiGregorio
• 2:30-3:30 pm Giving Clients the Information They Need: Psychoeducation for BPD and Self-Injury. Kathleen Geiger, LPC
• 3:30-3:45 pm Break
• 3:45-4:30 pm Panel Discussion
• 4:30 pm Evaluations
Registration is now closed for this event. If you would like to be placed on our waiting list, please contact Amanda Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.